Meet Sue Becker - organizing and productivity expert
What? Not everyone is super-organized?
More than 15 years ago – while working at a Fortune 500 company – the managers held a “Clean Off Your Desk Day.” I was puzzled. I didn’t understand why this special day was necessary, since my desk was always clean!
That day, I helped my colleagues clean off desks, file papers, and organize their work spaces. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, and I got to see how much joy they experienced in the process. For the first time, I became aware of my organizing skills – and discovered how much I enjoyed helping others get organized.
Thus, in 2000, From Piles to Smiles® was born.
As founder and owner of From Piles to Smiles organizing and productivity service, my passion is helping people develop organizational systems, so they can grow and thrive. As a full-time working professional and parent, I know the positive impact of an organized home and business.
My clients discover that an organized life gives them freedom.
I’ve helped thousands of people around the world create substantial change by organizing and simplifying their lives – both at home and at work. I can help you create customized systems to conquer your piles of paperwork, pare down your overwhelming clutter, and streamline your jam-packed schedule.
Here’s the best part: When you feel in control, you experience peacefulness and joy. You have time to enjoy the people and activities that matter most to you. And you discover a sense of freedom.
Now specializing in working with people with ADHD…
While teaming with my clients over the years, I learned that many had ADHD. They needed help figuring out how to make life easier despite the challenges they faced. I sought additional training and earned a specialist certificate for working with people with ADHD. I enjoy partnering with this population, while gently guiding them back from their occasional strolls down random paths of thought.
I’m ready to put my organizational skills to work for you…
Since that “Clean Off Your Desk Day” many years ago, I still enjoy teaching organizational skills to others. I guess I’m just wired that way. In fact, when I'm not working with clients, I enjoy bicycling – and I can’t resist noting which jam-packed garages could use my help!
Experience and Credentials
· Founder and owner of From Piles to Smiles® since 2000
· Previously, worked 20 years in Fortune 500 companies in auditing, finance, accounting, and marketing positions
· A professional speaker with scores of presentations to national and regional business groups and associations
· A recognized expert who often presents to fellow professional organizers
· Also an organizing coach, working with clients in person and by phone to help them overcome the issues related to organizing that have
· Featured author in the book Conversations on Success along with sales legends Tom Hopkins and Danny Cox and communications expert Dr.
· Author of many articles – have been featured in numerous local and national newspapers and magazines, including Real Simple Magazine,
Redbook Magazine, The Chicago Tribune and The Chicago Sun Times
· Have appeared on the national TV show Starting Over as an expert on time management and space organizing
· Have appeared on an NBC TV news segment offering organizational advice
· Quoted as an organizing expert in the book How to Position Yourself as the Obvious Expert
Education, Certifications, and Professional Memberships
· BS degree in accounting from the University of Illinois
· Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
· MBA degree in finance and marketing from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management
· The first person in Illinois to earn the title of Certified Professional Organizer in Chronic Disorganization (CPO-CD®), and hold certificates
of study in:
o Time Management and Productivity
o Basic Physical Conditions Affecting the CD Client
o Understanding the Needs of the Elderly CD Client
o Understanding the Needs of the Student CD Client
o Basic Mental Health Conditions and Challenges Affecting the CD Client
o Learning Styles and Modalities
o Basic Hoarding Issues with the CD Client
o Life Transitions
· Member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (former Vice President of the Chicago chapter and member of the
· Member of the Institute for Challenging Disorganization (Leadership Chair of the Visionary Thinkers Group and member of the
Certification Ethics and Advisory Committee, previously served as treasurer)
· I serve my community by volunteering with local organizations including DuPage Senior Services, the St. Joseph Parish Finance Committee,
and a local area homeless shelter
I can assist you personally in your office or home in the greater Chicago area. Not located in Illinois? No matter where you live – anywhere in the world – I can assist you via remote coaching.